Trenchless processes do not require excavation to rehabilitate a pipeline that is either leaking or structurally unsound. For example a CIPP liner (a trenchless process) is often installed through a manhole or other existing access point. CIPP can effectively reduce infiltration and leaks in pipeline systems without digging. If the pipe to be repaired is under trees, landscaping, roads, parking lots, concrete slabs, building foundations the replacement could be very costly and disruptive.
Trenchless technology provides the most appropriate and cost effective method for pipe replacement.
Benefits of Trenchless Pipelining
- Can offer a price advantage over traditional replacement of underground installations.
- Trenchless is environmentally friendly with low disruption, minimum excavation and often reduced cost capabilities.
- Trenchless technologies can take advantage of existing pipeline materials and can reduce wastes caused by earth and pavement excavation.
- Rehabilitation time for affected areas can be much shorter than dig and replace, less disruptive to staff and customers.
- The possibilities of trenchless operations to be installed beneath existing buildings,roadways, landscaping and concrete slabs and foundations.
- Office buildings, condo’s, malls, warehouses, plants can remain open as disturbance is minimized by trenchless operations.
- Once lined roots are not able to impregnate the new lined pipe.
Trenchless Technology is widely used for the installation or replacement of ducts and pipes for services, especially beneath rivers, canals, railways, buildings, and busy roads. They are used where the depth of installation makes the techniques more economical than open trench installation.